When it comes to Google My Business, there is no better way to attract new customers who are looking for your specific services within a local area. For dentists, attracting and retaining new customers is the lifeline to success and with new ways of optimizing one’s online presence, there is no better time than the present to add GMB to any dental SEO marketing strategy.
46% of new dental customers connect with a local dentist on mobile.
With this being said, taking advantage of free tools like Google My Business will give your business the more exposure online and increase the possibilities of bringing in new dental customers.
Why Google My Business?
Google My Business has become the #1 resource for local businesses to connect with local customers. These are customers specifically searching for your services with a huge majority searching from phones, tablets and other mobile devices.
GMB is optimized for local searches. When a searcher searches from their phone, they see relevant results locally along with a detailed map with individual locations, driving directions, contact information, distance and travel times for each.
Searchers can also see detailed business-related information including business description, customer reviews, website, questions and answers and contact information. Customers can even book appointments through a GMB listing if its fully optimized.
Google My Business Insights
Google Insights provides invaluable information pertaining to your GMB listing. Call it a stat tracker on steroids where you can easily extract info like views, clicks, phone calls, and much more to help you better optimize your Google My Business listing.
Why Keeping Your GMB Listing is So Important
No one likes receiving outdated information and when this happens through an online search it inevitably ends up resulting in the searcher hitting the back button.
When information on your GMB listing is out of date, you lose trust which means losing potential clients.
Keeping your business information up to date will help you build consumer loyalty. Information that you should always make sure is updated include:
- Business name
- Phone number
- Business hours
10 Ways to Better Optimize Your Google My Business Listing
Here are the top 10 ways dentists can better optimize a Google My Business listing to get higher rankings and more paying customers.
- Make sure you’re in the most relevant category and sub categories
- Include as many high-quality, HD images that relate to your business including interior and team member photos
- Make sure your NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) information that is displayed on your GMB listing is consistent across all marketing channels
- Make sure understand and always stay within Google TOS to avoid having your listing suspended
- Post regularly within Google My Business to expand your reach, increase brand awareness, connect with more customers, discuss services and create promotions
- Encourage customer reviews to display social proof. 97% of dental customers use online reviews before choosing a dentist
- Claim your Short Name which is a custom name intended to make it easier for customers to find your business in local search
- Listen to and respond to questions and answers which is a feature every GMB listing has. Customer or prospective clients may ask questions relating to your business or service. Responding to these in a timely manner will not only help with customer service but will help boost conversions for future prospective clients. You can also ask and answer questions yourself from questions you’ve received in the past which will provide a knowledge base of information.
- Include social media profiles to boost brand legitimacy. Many people searching for a new dentist will check them out on other channels looking for reviews and other business-related information. Google my also include info on your GMB listing you have on other channels which may help boost your profile.
- Use the “Book” button and give you prospective clients a way to book appointments online. Listings for dentists have access to the “Book” or “Schedule an Appointment” button under the appointments tab. It’s included, free and a great automated way to gain more clients.
Dental SEO Related Articles
- 5 Types of Schema Markup Every Dentist Should Use for SEO
- Effective Onsite Optimization Tips to Improve Dentist SEO
- How to SEO Optimize Your Dentist Website Like a Pro
- Leveraging Social Media to Get More Dental Patients
- SEO Marketing Tips to Boost Branding of Your Dental Website
- Using Ahrefs to Create an Amazing Dental FAQ Page
- Why Blogging will Get More Traffic to Your Dental Website
- Why Building Authority for Your Dentist Website Starts with Backlinks
- Why Dental Practices Should be Optimizing their Google My Business Listing
- Why Dentists Should Be Focusing on Content to Get Backlinks and Not Backlinks